- This event has passed.
AFES Field Trip, Stonehaven
July 2, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for an evening fieldtrip along the exposures north of Stonehaven town to see Devonian fluvial rocks, the Highland Border Complex & Highland Boundary Fault.
We will meet outside of the outdoor swimming pool at 16:00, walk along the foreshore between Cowie Bay & Craigeven Bay, and back long the cliff-top path. Dinner in Stonehaven is optional also (self paid).
A charge of £10 for members & £5 for students, payable on the day, will be donated to The Archie Foundation.
- the trip will be cancelled if weather conditions are poor (we’ll try to do so the day before, according to weather forecast, to an email list of attendees)
- the tide will be falling & low tide at c. 18:00 BST, so that rising tide will not be a problem
- some areas of rock exposure can be very slippery & some clambering over rock exposures is necessary
- we will avoid going close to a section of higher cliffs
What to bring:
- stout walking boots & field clothing are recommended, extending to waterproofs & sun hat if conditions require
- hard hats are not essential, but please bring your own if you want to
- please inform the organisers/fieldtrip leaders of any medical conditions that are relevant before the trip.
Places are limited to 40 participants; if you are interested in attending, please contact to firstname.lastname@example.org