AFES COMMITTEE MEETING 29TH OF AUGUST 2019

AFES COMMITTEE MEETING 29TH OF AUGUST 2019

Minutes of Meeting 29th August 2019

29th August 2019

Present:

Ed, Greg, Neil, Stephen, Chee Kong

Apologies

Ebrahim, Kostas, John, Richard, Craig, Sean, Jeremy, Damien

FYI the current Committee is:

 

Chee Kong Chen Jeremy Titjen
Craig Lindsay John Banks
Damien Dennison Konstantinos Christou
Ebrahim Heydari Neil Cardy
Ed Downer Tegwyn Perkins
Greg Blower Richard Arnold
Derek Littlejohn Sean Little
Stephen Morris Stephanie Morris

 

Students and Universities:

2019 best student is Wei Wei Jong. A cheque will be awarded at AFES full day seminar (11th Sept) for award of cheque and trophy (£250) – GB is organising this. ED – needs to give trophy to Stephen or Greg

Chibum, Aisling and Fraser have been paid (£500 each)

Workshop tour

Altus Interventions (c/o Robert Maddock). 4th September. Greg is liaising with Robert Maddock and will publish flyer etc. Website updated.

Full day seminar

11th September. This event is now confirmed. 7x speakers for the event. Flyer is now out with schedule to membership and on website. Stephen organising supported by Greg. We’ll need Committee members to also help out to help make this event a professional looking seminar.

We decided against offering speaker gifts to the speakers, but there will be the offer of a meal after the event, courtesy of AFES

**please promote this seminar within your networks – we need to make this as well attended as possible**

Evening talks

Will resume 18th September with Guy Wheater and Gaia wireline standoffs.

Student warm up speaker to be organised – Ebrahim will try to organise

Station Hotel is booked (Kostas to confirm)

We are also planning to host SLB in November for the evening talk

AGM

JB organizing AGM. We have off topic speaker. Date at 9th October.

Ed will supply template slide pack to Greg.

Greg will review constitution to allow for any updates to be ratified at the AGM.

Ed, as past president, will oversee changing of any Committee roles and ratify at the AGM

Xmas quiz

Tentative date set of 28th November. Kostas to book/inform Station Hotel.

Richard will also need help organising – please lets all help Richard with this ‘flagship’ AFES event.

Committee roles

Chee Kong will begin to handover from Steph for VP Technical

A student rep will be identified when Greg addresses the IPG course middle September – students will vote for their own student rep.

Committee positions will be ratified at the AGM

LR’s Alex Kaye has expressed interest in joining the AFES Committee

Greg: “The current Committee is working well and I hope it continues. However, if current Committee members no longer wish to remain in their positions then please let me know, which will allow for succession planning.”

Sponsorship:

No updates

Website:

Website will be update with seminar schedule etc by Jeremy / Greg

Devex:

AFES’s Ed will be heading up Devex 2020 – everyone, please feel free to join the Devex Committee and support Ed.

Ed pointed out that IF Devex has to cancel, they’ll most likely be a ~£10k penalty charge made by the new AECC. As a committee we decided this was unlikely, and if it did occur would (although be a great misfortune), not bankrupt AFES

Monies

CafCash at ~£300

CAF Gold at ~£70k

Greg will transfer all banking details/address etc to Neil, now Neil knows he’ll be remaining as Treasurer.